Since Mulligan goes ANY & EVERYWHERE with me he has started a new trend.
A rather funny one.
When I first got Mulligan, he hated the car and like I said in my previous post, up until he came home with me, he associated car rides with ending up at the shelter and getting his balls chopped off! Can’t blame him for despising the car with a burning, fiery passion. When we first started making the rounds together, Mulligan would lay down in the passenger seat with his head on the arm rest relaxing or in the back seat singing & doing his best Miley Cyrus impression.
After driving for a couple weeks, I started picking up on all of the dog friendly drive-thu places around town – and so did Mulligan! This changed EVERYTHING!! Mulligan began to love riding in the car. So much so, that now when I pull up to a drive-thru, he crawls over to the speaker like it’s their life purpose to give him a treat! I mean after all everything DOES revolve around Mulli.
Not only did I love seeing the companies that were dog friendly, but it made me want to support their company more! It also helped tremendously with changing Mulligan’s perspective on car rides! So where are all these secret golden eggs hidden around town? Let me share!
- Starbucks! We love coffee – it may be the soul reason we survive all the craziness at our house! We make frequent Starbucks runs throughout the week and discovered they have what’s called a “Pupachino”- which is pretty much the best invention ever! It allows Mulligan to enjoy the amazing bliss and key to survival we call Starbucks & makes him feel special! Just when I thought we couldn’t love Starbucks anymore… We found out they were dog lovers AND WE LOVED THEM EVEN MORE!
- Chick – fil -a! I don’t have to explain the awesomeness of Chick-fil-a because there is a universal understanding of it’s greatness! They invented the chicken sandwich and for that we are all forever grateful BUT did you know that they hand out dog biscuits at the drive-thru window?! Now I can distract Mulligan from the smell of the chicken long enough to get my to-go bag into the car!
- McDonalds! Next time you run to get your Big Mac or Egg McMuffin’ and your furry lover is in the car, McDonald’s also hands out dog treats at the window! Which is great because it means I don’t have to share my fries with Mulligan – go ahead, judge me! But I can’t say no to that sweet baby face when he wants to know where his stuff is! The treat makes me feel better about being selfish with my fries!
- Sonic (Not ALL): Several Sonic locations, offer you a dog treat when they bring out your meal. Since they have the perfect set up for customers to dine in their car with their dogs, one of the workers said “they see dogs all the time!” If you happen to go to a sonic that doesn’t serve dog treats, for 50 cents they will bring out your pup a mini hot dog!
- Ice Cream Places: Many different ice cream places offer what is called a “Pup Cup” which is exactly what it sounds like! A miniature cup of ice cream for your dog! Mulligan HIGHLY approves of the pup cup and the beautiful girl he swooned into feeding it to him!
- The Bank: Depending on which bank you use, bank tellers will often send out a treat to Mulligan in the car! It makes dealing with the bank that much better!
Needless to say, these are just some of the places that have “pet-friendly” drive-thrus and we are all about them! They just secured our coming back again, and more frequently! Obviously, choosing a pet-friendly place over a pet-unfriendly place! For all of of you “pet-unfriendly” drive-thrus, Mulligan will be mean muggin’ you as we drive by to one of our preferred pet-friendly establishments!